Reliance JioPhone, which was officially launched by the Chairman & Managing Director of Reliance Industries Limited Mukesh Ambani in the 40th Reliance Annual General Meeting on July 21, will be available for pre-booking from August 24, 2017. The trials for JioPhone will start on August 15, 2017.
JioPhone will be an ‘effectively free’ handset as it will come for a refundable price of Rs 1,500. The JioPhone will have a 2.4-inch screen, 512 MB RAM and 4GB memory. Unlimited voice and data for Rs 153 monthly are also part of the package. The company will also offer similar features for a weekly plan for Rs 54, and a two-day plan of Rs 24.
Since the day device was officially announced, many people are waiting for the device to be live into the market. The company will start taking the pre-bookings from August 24. The JioPhone will be available in September on first-come-first-serve basis.
How to register for JioPhone
The JioPhone booking is available for an individual to place an order for a single device, and also for Business communities for more than a single device.
Follow these steps to keep yourself updated on JioPhone registration:
1) Go to the official page of Reliance Jio – https://www.jio.com/
2) Click on the tab ‘Keep me posted’
3) A pop-up page will appear with a form
4) Fill the form with details such as your name, email ID, phone number, postal code etc.
5) Click on the submit button
6) Order can also be placed using the ‘MyJio App’ in smartphones
7) Customer can also approach nearest Jio store.
As a security deposit for the device, the phone will initially cost you Rs 1,500 but it will be handed over to the customer who placed an order after three years.
Timeline of JioPhone launch
JioPhone announced: July 21, 2017
JioPhone testing: August 15, 2017
JioPhone pre-booking: From August 24, 2017
JioPhone availability: September 2017 (official date not announced yet)
USP of Reliance JioPhone
1) The JioPhone has its own digital assistant along with the support for voice commands
2) The phone supports voice inputs in 24 Indian languages including English and Hindi
3) It can be used to connect to any kind of television even in CRT units
4) Inbuilt applications such as Jio TV, Jio Cinema, Jio Music, Jio Chat etc.
5) Unlimited voice and data for Rs 153 per month only
6) You can long press on the ‘5’ key to directly call their near and dear ones
7) The phone will also have NFC feature by the end of this year