Rumours of alleged sale of plastic rice from grocery shops caused jitters among the people Nuapada Odisha. The reports of sale of plastic rice came two days before at Hydrabad too.
Watch the Video and be try to be alert
Here are the 5 ways to identify ‘plastic rice’
- Drop a tablespoon of raw rice into a glass of water and stir it for some time. If the rice float at the top then it is considered as plastic rice, because organic rice doesn’t float on the water.
- Take a handful of rice and burn it. You will smell plastic if it is not organic rice.
- If the rice starts forming a thick layer at the top of the vessel while boiling, it’s ‘plastic rice’.
- Drop some rice into very hot oil. If it’s plastic rice, it will melt and stick together at the bottom of the vessel.
- If cooked rice is kept for a longer period, fungus get deposited if the rice is organic. If mold does not appear, then your rice is fake.
According to doctors, if plastic is consumed on sustained basis, it leads to hormonal imbalance, digestion, absorption problems, birth defects and even cancer. Be careful!